Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Duplex

I made this lot because of this mod, which allows sims to be given "keys" to doors. Unfortunately I realized too late that it's a single door, and not a global mod. So this house doesn't have said door. But the purpose is to use it for two families on one lot.

Back in the days of The Sims 2, I would make lots with two homes on them to make the neighborhood look more populated. Some of those double homes were duplexes, and so I wanted to make a duplex for the sims 3.

Specifically, I designed it for a poor family with a new baby and a single landlord playboy.


 It is tiiiiiiiiny. I like tiny lots. This one is 20x20. It costs just over 26k unfurnished and just under 57k furnished. If you put it on a bigger lot it will be in the center, meaning a larger lot would give you room for deco outside the yard and parking in the front.


Here's the poor family side:


And here's the landlord playboy side.


Doesn't use a bit of custom content, and the only thing from WA is the pre-planted garden in the back of the poor side, which might actually load in the base game. It's safe either way, they just won't show up.

Enjoy :D

2 comments: