Monday, July 26, 2010

Shuji Ikutsuki

Shuji Ikutsuki is a character from Persona 3. He's a very odd man who makes a lot (and I mean a LOT) of horrible puns. He thinks he's a funny guy, but he's so nice that nobody really calls him on how bad his jokes are (And he probably doesn't care anyway.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUIrfG711qo#t=0m26s

Shuji's job is to be the Chief Director for the Dorm. This Dorm is special- it is made up of a group of people who have The Potential, something that allows them to experience an extra hour of the day hidden between one day and the next, during which everyone else is completely in stasis and unaware of the changes in the world around them. They fight Shadows, stopping them from harming humans and the human world, working to find a way to understand and stop them.

Anime characters are extremely hard to translate to 3D, since they have simple and often totally un-readable features (like nose shape or mouth shape), but I think I did a fine enough job with what I had to work with. In particular his eyes were difficult, but I think I got them nicely.

His suit doesn't have the stripes in the uploaded file. That was an oversight I didn't notice until after taking pictures. I changed it. :p


Shuji is Absent Minded, Good, has a Good Sense of Humor, is Eccentric, and Friendly.


Shuji is a young adult. Apologies for any personality inaccuracies, I have not beaten the game and for all I know he's the ultimate bad guy. ;p Though he does have the Eccentric trait, he should not *require* ambitions.
 
Shuji requires:

The Yellow Skintone from this set
Converted Jeanette Hair Mesh
Shady's Sparkling Contacts
Facial Sliders by Ahmad
These Body Sliders
This Chin Slider
Esmerelda's Frameless Glasses
My Custom Beard

And he was made with Awesomemod and the Sliders multiplied by 4.

5 comments:

  1. I think your sims got deleted from MS3B. :S I can't seem to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the character but liked the sim a lot, specialy the format of the eyes. Just a friendly notice: in the pic you provided from the anime, the shadow under the under lip, sugests that the lip should probably be more pronounced (a bit out), than it is. It would make for a nicer profile and still resemble the character I see there.
    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I tried to do that. The lighting seems harsh in the example pic so I didn't try to do it so intensely.

    He also has a profile view out there somewhere, but it's really small and hard to see the features, and I tried to get it to match for the most part there, too. If I made his lip go out farther, there's no way to make his upper lip go out to match it, it just didn't look right. Good eye, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...yeeeeah that "good" trait shouldn't be there. Though you probably know that by now, given when you made this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi

    i love your blog and i would ask if you be willing to share with me the CAS Rooms i love it it's so beautiful i see it some differente place but i would ask to you
    cordially
    Stéphanie

    ReplyDelete